I am working at WeChat, Tencent now.
I graduated from NLP group at Tsinghua University. I was co-advised by Professor Maosong Sun and Professor Yang Liu.
My research interests are in the area of machine translation and deep learning for natural language processing.
- Shiqi Shen, Yong Cheng, Zhongjun He, Wei He, Hua Wu, Maosong Sun, and Yang Liu. 2016. Minimum Risk Training for Neural Machine Translation. In Proceedings of ACL 2016, Berlin, Germany, August. [paper] [slides] [arxiv] [code]
- Yankai Lin, Shiqi Shen, Zhiyuan Liu, Huanbo Luan, and Maosong Sun. 2016. Neural Relation Extraction with Selective Attention over Instances. In Proceedings of ACL 2016, Berlin, Germany, August. [paper]
- Yong Cheng, Shiqi Shen, Zhongjun He, Wei He, Hua Wu, Maosong Sun, and Yang Liu. 2016. Agreement-based Joint Training for Bidirectional Attention-based Neural Machine Translation. In Proceedings of IJCAI 2016, New York, USA, July. [paper] [arXiv]
- Shiqi Shen, Yang Liu, Huanbo Luan, and Maosong Sun. 2015. Consistency-Aware Search for Word Alignment. In Proceedings of EMNLP 2015, Lisbon, Portugal, September. [paper]
- 2016.7 - 2017.4: Full time research intern in machine translation group, Department of IR, Sogou Inc., Beijing, China.
- Built Sogou translator online system almost from scratch as algorithm leader.
- 2015.7 - 2016.4: Full time research intern in machine translation group, Department of NLP, Baidu Inc., Beijing, China.
- Proposed a new training criterion for the core algorithm of Baidu Translator. Improved the translation accuracy substantially - up to 7.2 Bleu score improvement.
- Applied research outcomes in Baidu translator online system. Internship was been acclaimed to be pretty innovative and significantly improved the translation quality.
- Related achievement was published in ACL 2016. The paper was cited and referenced by Google Translator online system[link], ACL 2016 NMT tutorial[link] and NAACL 2016 tutorial[link].
- 2015.1 - 2017.7: National 863 project “Robot to solve problems as human beings”
- Developed the system to solve problems related to translate classical Chinese into modern Chinese in college entrance examination in China.
- 2012.2-2013.12: National 863 project “Development of Translation system for web text”
- Developed the word alignment algorithm and system. Meet the accuracy requirement in the project proposal. Completed the technical acceptance report for this part.
- The project won the second prize of National Scientific and Technological Progress Award in 2015. It also won the first prize of Technological Progress Award, Chinese Institute of Electronics, 2014.
- 2012.8 - 2017.7: Ph.D. in Dept. of Computer Science and Technology, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China.
- 2008.8 - 2012.7: B.S. in Dept. of Computer Science and Technology, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China.
- 2014.9 - 2014.10: Visiting Ph.D. student in Dept. of Computer Science, Hamburg University, Hamburg, Germany.
- Outstanding Ph.D. Graduate Award, Dept. of CS., Tsinghua University, 2017.
- The First Prize Scholarship, Dept. of CS., Tsinghua University, 2016. (Top 5%)
- YCCL 2012 Best Paper Finalist Award.
- Outstanding Graduate Award, Dept. of CS., Tsinghua University. 2012. (Top 10%)
- The First Prize Scholarship, Dept. of CS., Tsinghua University, 2012. (Top 10%)
- Championship of the campus debate competition in Tsinghua University, 2010.
- Silver Medal in Chinese Physics Olympiad, 2007.